About Fiddle workshop with Harry Bolick: How do they do that?
Learn the tricks to understand and play along with fiddle tunes that you are hearing for the first time in a jam.
- How many parts are there, how are they put together?
- What are the underlying and not always obvious rhythms?
- How do the melodies work with the chords?
- What do I really need to know?
In our 2 hour workshop we will:
- Learn a new tune,
- Break it apart,
- Analyze how it's simple chord structure outlines the melody
- Look at the basic bowing patters and rhythms present themselves in the tune.
- Consolidate what we have learned by trying to play an unfamiliar tune and see how much better we can do.